If you are not the intended recipient of this email (or such person's authorised representative), then:
(a) Please notify the sender of this email immediately by return email, facsimile or telephone and delete this message from your system;
(b) You may not print, store, forward or copy this message or any part thereof or disclose or cause information in this message to be disclosed to any other person.
The information in or attached to this email message is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and client confidentiality. Nothing in this message constitutes an offer, warranty or representation from us. While we are entitled to rely on and hold you to your offers, warranties, representations or other statements made in or attached to this message, our employees or representatives may not conclude agreements or otherwise bind our company via email unless the email is sent from an authorised representative of Paramount Life using a mutually agreed upon digital certification process.
We cannot be held liable for any harm or loss resulting from malicious software code or viruses in this message or attachments, including data corruption resulting there from. None of our employees or representatives are permitted to send unsolicited messages ("spam") and our company cannot be held liable therefore. If you regard this message as spam, please inform us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless otherwise agreed:
(a) We are only deemed to have received an email once we have confirmed receipt thereof to you;
(b) We are deemed to have sent an email once reflected as "sent" on our email server.
If this message contains offensive, derogatory or defamatory statements or materials, it means the message has been sent outside the sender's scope of employment with us and only the sender can be held liable in his/her personal capacity. This disclaimer applies to our original message, any attachments and all subsequent messages or attachments we may send.
Whilst all care has been taken by Paramount in the preparation of the opinions and forecasts and provision of the information contained in this report, Paramount does not make any representations or give any warranties as to their correctness, accuracy or completeness, nor does Paramount assume liability for any losses arising from errors or omissions in the opinions, forecasts or information irrespective of whether there has been any negligence by Paramount, its affiliates or any officers or employees of Paramount, and whether such losses be direct or consequential.
Nothing contained in this document is to be construed as guidance, a proposal or a recommendation or advice to enter into, or to refrain from entering into any transaction, or an offer to buy or sell any financial instrument. This email contains information which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. Irrespective of whether you are the intended recipient or not, you may not copy, distribute, publish, rely on or otherwise use anything contained herein without our prior written consent.
Some of our communications may contain confidential information which could be a criminal offence for you to disclose or use without authority. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at email@example.com and destroy the communication immediately. This communication is not intended nor should it be taken to create any legal relations or contractual relationships."
Paramount Life is an Authorised Financial Services Provider (FSP: 40881) and is underwritten by Guardrisk Life Limited.
If you have any questions on the above disclaimer, please contact Paramount Life on 086 100 2027, between 8:00am and 05:00pm Monday to Friday, in order to log your query and divert the question to one of our legal personnel.
COMPETITION/PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions ("Competition") featuring in any Paramount Life publication or internet website or email communication unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition ("Competition Notice") or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
3. Paramount Life reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Paramount Life’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting the relevant Promotions department of the publication in which the competition appeared.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in South Africa. The address you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
6. Employees of Paramount Life or any associated company of Paramount Life and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver's licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside South Africa and/or car hire.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Paramount Life reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
9. Paramount Life assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over.
10. Paramount Life reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
11. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Paramount Life in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
12. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and Paramount Life discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, Paramount Life reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
13. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
14. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of 'brute force', 'script' or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition. There is no charge to register with a Paramount Life website if registration is required as part of the entry process. Paramount Life Group wide competitions may charge premium rate only entry and may not offer a free entry route.
16. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Paramount Life cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
17. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Paramount Life does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
18. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
19. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the Paramount Life publication in which the competition appeared and on any other associated website.
20. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
21. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Paramount Life reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
22. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Paramount Life and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
23. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Paramount Life reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
24. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
25. Paramount Life does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although Paramount Life will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
26. In consideration of Paramount Life agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Paramount Life (and third parties authorised by Paramount Life) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Paramount Life (and third parties authorised by Paramount Life) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
27. Paramount Life does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Paramount Life may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
28. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Paramount Life reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
29. Paramount Life cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Paramount Life is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Paramount Life’s shall not be responsible or retain any liability for any death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
30. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Paramount Life reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
31. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Paramount Life for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist Paramount Life to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
32. By providing Paramount Life with your personal data you consent to Paramount Life transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the South Africa. If Paramount Life does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
33. The Competition and Rules will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Gauteng.
Last updated: January 2014